Monday, June 27, 2016

Fitness Journey Day 1

Hey everyone,

So technically this is not actually day one of my fitness journey; really, today is day one that I begin to write blog posts about my journey. My journey started in January. I slowly, very slowly, started changing my eating habits and exercise habits. I am still trying to fight the incredibly powerful urge to be lazy all day but have found it quite easier to change my diet. Before I didn't eat as many fruits and veggies and ate a lot more junk food than I do now, but your body slowly gets used to it. I am really happy with the changes I have made, since I have struggled with my weight the majority of my life. 

I am making this change because, as a person who loves healthcare, I am afraid of the diseases that may arise from a poor diet, little physical activity, and obesity. 

Here are a few pictures I took quite recently to keep as a reminder of all the hard work I have and will continue to make.



These were taken on May 3rd, 2016.

So, I will mostly note the foods I ate and the exercise I did each day.

Here goes:

Breakfast was the "Egg McFitFun" from the FitGirlsGuide. This guide is an eBook I've followed for the past few months; today is day 1 of the new challenge. You can find them on instagram as "FitGirlsGuide". I really recommend the eBook and following their posts, They are incredibly inspiring and an awesome community to be a part of.

Lunch was brown rice with veggies that I made into "Fried Brown Rice" by infusing minced garlic, pepper, and red pepper flakes in olive oil for a few minutes and then using that to fry the rice. It's so good. (I may start posting recipes, if that would interest anyone.) With the rice, I had a few lentils and broccoli. It was honestly the healthiest yet incredibly yummy fried rice I've had.

Snacks I ate throughout the day which were at one point "Fresh Fruit Sorbet with Almond Milk," and some whole wheat crackers with mozzarella cheese, and because I have an absolute obsession with chips and salsa, I had some this afternoon also. Chips and salsa are just so good!

For dinner I mixed marinara sauce with ground pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, spinach and kale, placed that in the microwave and heated that up for a few minutes. While the mixture was warming up, I toasted whole wheat peta bread in the toasted. Once everything was as warm and as toasted as I wished, I placed the sauce mixture inside the folds of the pita bread and topped it with mozzarella cheese. It was soooo good! And, it only took a few minutes to put together.


Exercise today consisted of day one of the FitGirlsGuide exercise plan, which is a warm up, an exercise circuit, followed by a bit of cardio and a cool down through stretches. I love meditating after I exercise. It really helps me calm down, especially, as someone who is not in the best shape, reference by pictures, I use that time to "recover" from the exercise. It feels great. 

And that was day one!
Good night, take care,

Jas 

No comments:

Post a Comment